Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Plumbing Installation
- Plumbing Maintenance
- Plumbing Repair
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Garbage Disposals
- Luxury Plumbing
- Water Heaters
- Drain & Sewer
- Drain Cleaning & Video Pipe Inspection
- Pipes and Sewers
- Water Lines
- Leak Detection
- Slab Leaks
- Sump Pumps
- Well Pump Installation & Repair
- Grease Traps
Water Treatment Systems
Deciding to replace your air conditioning system is a big step and, for many homeowners, a dreaded one. It can be a bit overwhelming to determine which system is the right fit for you and your family. From budget to technology to code compliance, air conditioning isn’t an easy purchase option. Many people get many estimates and much misinformation along the way.
That’s why Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is always on hand to offer expert advice and answer whatever questions our Pasco County, FL customers have about replacing their air conditioners. We’ll also walk you through the steps of the replacement process and help you schedule it for a time that’s most convenient for you. Give us a call to schedule your air conditioning replacement in Pasco County, FL and the surrounding area.
Is it Time to Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Sometimes it’s easy to tell that your air conditioning system needs to be replaced. If it’s too damaged to repair or if the repairs would cost more than a new system, that’s certainly the best option to pursue. However, there are other times when you should consider replacing even if your current air conditioning system isn’t quite on its last legs. For instance, if you’ve been calling frequently for air conditioning repairs lately, you should probably start looking for a replacement system. Even if the repairs are usually minor, the repeated costs you’re incurring will really start to add up over time. Plus, you’ll probably have to replace your system relatively soon anyway. So why keep paying to fix it?
Now, we also must take into account the type of refrigerant your system uses. The EPA has limited the amount of R22 available in the marketplace today. In one week back in 2012, costs for the refrigerant by the pound DOUBLED! It’s basic supply and demand illustrated here, but that’s not good news if your older system has sprung a leak. It might be a good time to upgrade your system to a newer system that utilizes the environmentally friendly R410a refrigerant, sometimes called Puron by some manufacturers.
Spending money you would have used for repairs to have a replacement air conditioning system installed will save you a good bit of money in the long run. And you won’t have to deal with the constant repairs on top of that. Almost all of the systems that Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning offers come equipped with a 10–year parts and labor warranty! Also, an air conditioning system that always needs repairs is probably not functioning efficiently either, even when it does work. A more energy efficient system means that you’ll be saving a good chunk on your energy bills as well. Some energy companies even give you a credit toward your power bill as a thank you for upgrading.
New, Energy Efficient AC Systems
Even if your current air conditioning system is working, it might still be worth looking into a replacement. Newer models that are available now are much more energy efficient than even those installed 10 years ago. An older model that you’ve kept in tip top condition will still not be able to cool your home with as little energy as a new one. Energy savings will quickly offset the cost of removing your old system and putting the new one in place. If you’re proactive, however, you get to start saving on your energy bills sooner.
Call Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for Air Conditioning Installation
What happens when you decide you’re ready to purchase a new air conditioning system? We do our best to keep the purchase of your new system informative and simple.
First, our coordinator will set an appointment to have a system engineer meet with you at your home. Many people don’t want to have to take the time to do this, but as of March 15th, 2012, all air conditioning replacements in Florida must have a new energy calculation done. The best way to do that is on site or from original plans. Since most homeowners either don’t have a set of plans handy or have made changes to their homes over time, we like to start from scratch. Plus, our approach lets you see exactly what goes into performing a calculation. Your personal engineer becomes your consultant, finding the exact air conditioning system that your family needs. During this visit, the engineer will evaluate your duct system for adequate design and capacity for the new system. Some new air conditioning technologies require alterations in the duct systems for optimal performance. We want your new air conditioning system to be perfect from the minute you turn it on and for years to come. Be cautious about your replacement! Replacing an AC system without a permit can put your home in danger! Permits protect consumers from shoddy workmanship by ensuring—thanks to an impartial county inspector—that your unit is installed correctly and meets building code specifications.
Next, he or she will prepare a proposal outlining your options. We will––in writing––outline our entire scope of work along with our warranties and guarantees. Most new air conditioning systems can be packaged with up to 12–year labor warranties, protecting you from further expense for years to come.
If you decide to purchase an air conditioning system from us, you won’t regret it. Your home will be hand walked through the permit process. Then, our production manager will assign one of our expert installation teams to your job. Once they’re finished with the installation of your new air conditioning system, it’s time for the Quality Control Department to pay you a visit. Every member of our QC team is NATE certified and they go through that new unit with a fine–toothed comb, ensuring perfect operation and no down time for your family.
Every unit we sell comes with a two–year satisfaction guarantee. We will make you happy. It’s as simple as that.
Schedule Your Air Conditioning Replacement Today
So, no matter what stage of the process you’re in, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re always glad to answer your questions and help you make informed decisions about your air conditioning needs. And if you do decide it’s time for a replacement, we can handle that too.
Ready to request an estimate? Just click here!
Some things to keep in mind:
- The codes have changed! Make sure you’re NOT being charged for a heat load calculation. It is ALWAYS something Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning has believed in and offered at NO CHARGE because every system should be sized properly to how your home is being lived in today.
- Wire sizing: electrical upgrades might be necessary depending on a variety of factors.
- Permits and Licensing: please make sure you use a licensed contractor and that they pull a permit for the work that they are performing. It is critical to your family’s safety. Maybe you can save a few dollars by getting the guy down the street to do side work, but what risks are you taking? What if he makes a mistake? What recourse do you have? None. Protect your most valuable possession: your home. Hire a licensed contractor!
- Insurance: Is your contractor sufficiently insured? How do you know?? ASK for proof. Make sure you look at the worker’s compensation coverage. Ideal is at least one million in insurance per incident. Also look at Liability Coverage. How much is your home worth? If an electrical mistake burns your home to the ground, will the company’s insurance be able to cover the damage? If not, keep shopping. Damages above and beyond the company’s worker’s compensation coverage or liability coverage will come out of YOUR pocket OR your homeowner’s policy. Consider that before you select a company.
- Ask The Seal: take a moment to navigate to asktheseal.com and read the information provided. Everyone who enters your home or handles private information at Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning & AC has undergone AND PASSED a third–party background check. No one with a criminal record for crimes against another person will be permitted to work in our company. Your safety and peace of mind is our utmost concern from the equipment we select to the people who install and service it. Don’t sweat: CHOOSE Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. You won’t be sorry!