Your main sewer line, while you likely don’t give it much thought, is one of the most, if not the most, important component of your plumbing system. This is one of the two main plumbing lines connected to your home. Your main sewer line is responsible for removing all of the wastewater from your home and moving it into your city’s civil sewer system. Since your main sewer line is hidden underground, it can be quite easy to forget about… that is until trouble arises.
Trouble with your main sewer line is certainly a cause for concern and requires the hands of a trained plumber in Orlando, FL right away. This is why it is important to be aware of the signs that your main sewer line needs repair. Fortunately for you, we have outlined some of these warning signs below. Keep reading to learn more!
Do You Need to Call a Plumber for Your Main Sewer Line?
There are a number of signs that indicate it is time for main sewer line repairs. These include:
- Puddles in your yard: Any leak that occurs underground can cause puddling in your yard. So, if you notice that your yard is particularly soggy, be sure to contact a professional plumber right away.
- Excess greenery: It may sound a little gross, however, a leaky main sewer line is going to act as a fertilizer to your lawn. Sure, you may now have the prettiest yard in your neighborhood, but a broken main sewer line is a big cause for concern. Don’t ignore this issue for long!
- Slow drains: Any clog or blockage in your plumbing system can result in slow drains. However, if this issue is widespread across many of the drains in your home, it is likely an issue with your main sewer line.
- Mold and mildew: Any excess moisture due to a leak provides the perfect conditions for mold and mildew to grow. So, if you notice a sudden growth of either organic material, be sure to contact a plumber who can address the root of the problem.
- Running water: The sound of running water is definitely a cause for concern, especially if none of your faucets are turned on! The sound will likely occur in an unexpected location, so be on the lookout!
- Foul odors: A leak in the sewer line can lead to some pretty stinky odors. If there is any leak or blockage in the main sewer line, your nose will probably let you know. Contact a professional right away if notice any foul smells.
The Importance of Hiring a Professional
It is important to hire a trained professional for all your plumbing needs and especially for any repairs that occur underground. Only an experienced and licensed plumber has the knowledge, and the tools, to properly diagnose and repair complex plumbing issues.
Your main sewer line is one of the most important components of your plumbing system, so it is important to treat it as such.
For all your plumbing and sewer needs, contact the professionals at Bayonet Plumbing, Cooling, & Heating.