If we were to ask you what the most common problem that homeowners face with their plumbing systems might be, we are fairly confident that a good number of our clients would respond with “a water leak, of course.” Well, our customers are already fairly well informed, then, because this is certainly one of the most pressing issues that homeowners may face. Because plumbing leaks can cause so much damage to one’s property so quickly, it really is in your best interest to ensure that any leaks are found and resolved by a professional plumber in Brandon, FL as soon as possible.
But how do you do that?
By learning the warning signs that there is a plumbing leak to begin with, of course! We can certainly locate and fix any leaks in your plumbing system in a prompt manner, but it is not as though we are going door to door in order to find leaks in an unsolicited manner. You need to give us the call, first, which is why we’re going to give you some tips today about when to do so. So read on, and make ours the number that you dial when the time comes for plumbing repairs of any kind.
- Hmmmm, is there a new river in the neighborhood? Is there a bubbling brook in the backyard that wasn’t there before? Oh no. The sound is coming from inside the house. It may be a horror movie cliche, but in this case, the fact that the source of the sound is in the house is frightening indeed! If you’re not using any water, yet you still hear it running, a leak is a very likely scenario.
- Man, this water pressure stinks! Which is weird, now that I think about it, considering that it was just fine yesterday. If you have a drop in water pressure throughout the entire house, it could be related to a main water line leak. If you have reduced pressure in a single area, it may be a more localized problem. In either event, you need to have the problem resolved promptly.
- Who spilled all of this water? No one? Not one of you will admit to it? Okay, I’ll just wait until—uh-oh. I believe you now. It’s coming from this pipe. Time to call the plumber!
- Gasp. What is going on with this water bill? Why is it so high? Who’s been showering fifteen times a day? No one? No one is going to—uh-oh. It’s a leak again, isn’t it? I don’t want to be paying for water that is just going to waste. I better get a pro in here to fix the problem, post haste!
- Oh, no. My worst nightmare as a homeowner has come to pass. There’s mold growing on the walls. What could be to blame? Maybe it’s just too humid outside—or, I suppose, it could have something to do with the dampness caused by this “minor” water leak I’ve been ignoring for so long.
Don’t make any mistakes. Don’t delay your plumbing repairs. Schedule your leak detection and repair services with Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.