There is a certain level of noise that you are probably used to when you run your air conditioner. That doesn’t mean that every noise your air conditioning unit produces is normal though. There are several noises that are bad news when you start hearing them from your AC. Strange and concerning sounds should prompt a call for AC repair service in Wesley Chapel.
Sometimes it can be a bit harder to determine which sounds are bad and which ones are normal. We can help with that. Check out this list of AC sounds that you definitely don’t want to hear so you know when to contact Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for service.
5 AC Sounds That Mean Trouble
You want to catch the need for a repair before it costs you your home comfort. To do that, you’ll want to know what warning signs to look for or, in this case, listen for.
- Hissing: This sound can be a little harder to pick up on but if you hear hissing it isn’t a sounds to ignore. Hissing may be caused by air forcing its way through an extremely dirty filter or it can be caused by a refrigerant leak. Whatever the cause, schedule repairs to get it taken care of ASAP.
- Continuous clicking: Some clicking at the beginning or end of your cooling cycle can be normal. However, if you are hearing clicking throughout the entire cooling process, it isn’t normal. This could indicate trouble with your thermostat or another electrical component in your system.
- Screeching or screaming: These sounds are harder to ignore and that is a good thing–you want to get them taken care of as soon as possible! These abrasive sounds can be an indicator of a dry and deteriorating blower motor belt or can be a warning that you have loose fan blades scraping around in their housing.
- Rattling: Does it sound like your air conditioner has something bouncing around in it? That’s because there probably is! Rattling may be a sign of a loose part of a par that has already broken free and is rattling around in your system and causing serious damage. The sooner this noise is addressed, the better.
- Total silence: When you turn on your AC, you should hear something. Total silence, while it may sound like it is caused by a system that is just really well made, isn’t good. It actually indicates that your system isn’t responding to your requests at all–which means no cool air.
Schedule Your Repairs Today
Is your air conditioner making one or more of the strange noises that we’ve listed above? Or maybe it is making a different noise that is equally concerning. In either case, you need to reach out for repairs as soon as you can. The longer you ignore these warning sounds the more likely the problem is to hinder your cooling comfort.
Contact Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today to schedule the repairs that you need. We want to help make your home life better.