How upset would you be if you sold a car you thought was totaled, only to discover that you actually could have repaired it for a decent price? You’d have every right to be mad! The same concept applies to replacing a heater that could actually survive a while longer with a repair.
Replacements aren’t a small investment. Getting a replacement done early can be good (especially if you are avoiding a full breakdown) but they shouldn’t be done years in advance! Let’s talk about how to figure out whether your system needs an upgrade or if it can get by with a heater repair in Clearwater FL.
When to schedule your heater repairs
Your heater will need repairs over the course of its lifespan. Here is how to tell that it is time to get your heating system fixed up:
- Odd noises: If you hear your heater rumbling, rattling, hissing, screeching, or banging, it is a good idea to have it checked by a professional.
- Weak airflow: Your systems having duct leaks or struggling with a clogged air filter can be the source of this issue
- Poor heating: Another indicator of trouble is when your heater struggles to heat the home. It may take longer than before or might seem impossible.
- Short cycling: A heater that turns on and off rapidly is one that is short cycling. This is extremely hard on your heater and requires repairs ASAP.
When it is time for a heater replacement
Sometimes your heater needs to be replaced. Repairs won’t always cut it. But how do you know when the time has come for a heater replacement? Watch out for the above issues in combination with the following:
- System age: Your system has a limit to its lifespan. Between 10 to 15 years is when your heater is going to need to be replaced. Moving beyond this lifespan range is going to make it far more likely you end up with a completely broken down system. It is also important to remember that newer systems are more efficient so an upgrade will pay you back faster than you think.
- Repairs: Repairs are inevitable. But they shouldn’t be frequent. They also shouldn’t break your budget. Repairs that have become a yearly occurrence are a sign of a system that is starting to wear out. Likewise, an overly expensive repair bill that is equal to half or more of the cost of a new system is money better spent on an upgrade.
- No heat: Your heater is made to heat your home. End of story. Any system that can’t do this despite proper usage and upkeep is one that should be replaced.
Whatever you need, we are here to help
If you need a heater repair or a heating system replacement, you need to work with a professional. Our team is here to provide the work that you need. We will assess your system to make sure that the service needed is the best option for you and your home.
Contact Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today to get started.