It is great to be able to enjoy the benefits of a system like a ductless heat pump. Years ago, people without any ductwork whose homes may not have been able to accommodate them were stuck trying alternative methods to keep warm (thank goodness for space heaters). However today, those same people can enjoy reliable comfort with a ductless heat pump—as long as it is working properly, that is.
A ductless heat pump that can’t quite seem to keep your home environment as comfortable as it is supposed to is likely one that needs heating repairs in Orlando, FL. Check to see if you notice any of these warning signs of trouble and, if you do, reach out to the technicians at Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule your repairs so you can enjoy the season comfortably.
If You Notice These Warning Signs, Schedule Repairs Today
Ductless heat pumps are known for doing their job efficiently and effectively. This can change rapidly though if the system has an unaddressed repair need. That is why you should be aware of the warning signs that your system is in need of professional service. Knowing these indicators can help you get your heat pump operating again quickly and avoid an early breakdown.
- The system has started to make strange noises. One of the many reasons people love ductless heat pumps is that they run with almost no noise. So when your system starts to make a racket, it isn’t a good sign. Sounds like rattling, screeching, buzzing, or hissing are all indicators of trouble in your ductless unit.
- It is short cycling. Short cycling refers to when your system is unable to complete a full heating cycle. If your ductless system is turning on and off again within a few minutes’ time, this is hard on it, bad for your comfort, and worse for your energy bills.
- Energy bills are increasing. Your energy bills will fluctuate a bit with your use of your heat pump. This doesn’t justify large increases in your monthly dues though. Are you seeing huge spikes in your energy use that aren’t explainable? They are likely due to a repair need.
- The system is pumping out cold air while in heating mode. While your ductless system is able to produce both hot and cold air throughout the year, you don’t want it cooling things off while it is in heating mode. If it can’t produce heat this can be due to a number of issues, all of which you want to be fixed ASAP.
- You notice signs of a leak. Surprised that your system can leak? THat’s okay. It isn’t normal anyway! A leak might be due to a clogged condensate drain or a refrigerant line leak. Whatever it is, don’t ignore those water stains because they can lead to your system breaking down early.
Need help getting your ductless heat pump back into fighting form? We can help. Contact Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule repair services with a professional in your area.