No one should ever discover a leaking pipe and just shrug it off. This is a major problem that requires a patch, quickly!
With that said, however, you won’t always be able to see that you have a pipe in your home that is leaking. That’s why so many people fall prey to water damage and other problems created by unaddressed leaks.
How can you protect yourself from the problems created by a leak? The first step is to learn more about the warning signs of a leak so you can try to have it fixed as quickly as possible. Then you can get one of our plumbers out to your home to find and seal that leak.
Read on to learn more.
5 Indicators That You Have a Plumbing Leak
When it comes to getting a leak fixed, you’ll want to schedule a plumbing service in Spring Hill, FL to address the problem as quickly as possible. Here are several of the warning signs to watch for that will alert you to when it is time to call a plumber to fix those pipes.
- The sound of running water without a source: Take a moment to listen to things around your house. Do you hear water moving through the pipes in the house even though there are no taps in use? If so, there is a chance that the source is a leaky pipe.
- You notice fluctuations in water pressure: When you use a water tap in your bathroom or kitchen, have you noticed that the water pressure is weaker than usual? This is likely due to a leak in the pipe feeding the appliance.
- An overly active water meter: Take some time to check out your water meter. There may be a small amount of activity on it usually due to your water heater trying to keep water warm. Beyond this though, additional activity without a reason is going to be a sign of a leak.
- Water stains and spots: Odd-looking spots or stains on your home’s walls, floors, or ceilings can be a sign that you have a leak that is starting to take its toll on the structure of your home.
- Moldy or musty smells: Last but certainly not least, if you notice the distinct sour, earthy smells created by mold or mildew growth, it is likely that you have a leak that is creating an environment ideal for the growth of these fungi.
Leaks are something that needs prompt response to mitigate the severity of the damage they can create. That is why it is best to work with an expert plumber to get the leak located and patched in a short amount of time.
If you notice any of these warning signs of a leak, it is best to get a repair performed by a professional team like ours. Even if you aren’t entirely sure if you have a leaking pipe, you can contact Bayonet Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for helpful plumbing services.